header graphic
Connect with Onondaga County Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On X (Twitter) Watch Us On Youtube

Grants and Loans for Home Repair

You may be eligible for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) home repair grants to remove lead from your property if:

  1. You own or rent property built before 1978 AND
  2. Your family or the family living in the rental property meets the income guidelines AND
  3. You have a child age six or younger who lives at or visits the property often AND
  4. Meet all other program requirements.

If you live within Onondaga County, visit Onondaga County Community Development.

If you live in a City of Syracuse zip code, visit the Syracuse Lead Program.


Other financial assistance may be available through the following programs:

Learn more about other resources available to make your home healthy.


Home Repair Grants


If you live within

the City of Syracuse,

you may also be eligible for

tax credits for home repair!

To learn more, click here.

Property Tax Exemptions

More information is available by calling the Onondaga County Lead Poisoning Control Program at (315) 435-3271 by visiting our resources page.




Onondaga County Health Dept
Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
John H. Mulroy Civic Center
421 Montgomery St., 9th Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315.435.3271
Fax: 315.435.3720
Email: LeadFreeKids@ongov.net

Lead Free Kids

Like Us On Facebook Our YouTube Channel
Accredited Health Department
Onondaga County Health Department is nationally accredited and meetsĀ rigorous public health standards necessary to best serve the needs of our community.

To Provide Feedback About the Disability Accessibility of An Onondaga County Department's Website, Click Here to Access the Department's Contact Page

© 2001-  Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Parking | Language or Disability Access Assistance