|[View Job Specification]||[View Printable Version]|
|TEACHER - PART TIME|
|Date Published: 03/15/2019|
|Open Competitive Examination #: None||Promotional Examination #: None|
|Application Deadline: 03/22/2019||Application Filing Fee (Non-Refundable): $0.00|
The Hillbrook Juvenile Detention Facility is currently accepting applications and resumes for the position of:
Location: 4949 Velasko Road, Syracuse, NY 13215
Salary: $33.1205 per hour
Hours of work: 20 hours per week, M-F
This position will be responsible for:
- Instruction of Middle and High School students utilizing appropriate teaching techniques with concern for overall course objectives.
- Preparation of individual lessons and assignments for each student according to grade level.
- Providing individual attention and assistance as needed with virtual grade level coursework.
- Motivating and encouraging participation of each student with a display of enthusiasm for the subject.
- Providing assistance with Regents level coursework and exams.
Candidates should have compassion for working with youth 10-17 years old and must have the ability to assist in virtual coursework. Candidates are expected to be able to apply different teaching techniques and develop effective relationships with students.
Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a permanent or provisional New York State teaching certificate in one of the following areas:
Mathematics; Science; Reading; English; Social Studies; Special Education or Education 7-12
Requirement for Continued Employment:
Loss of certification will result in termination of permanent appointment.
A permanent teaching certification must be obtained within the time limitation set by the New York State Education Department or appointment will be terminated.
Hillbrook Detention Facility affords the opportunity to work with youth in a safe, secure and caring environment.
Name and Address where Applications/Resumes should be directed:
Hillbrook Detention Facility
4949 Velasko Road
Syracuse, NY 13215
"Onondaga County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer"